|Home | About Us | Locations | Careers | Forms & Applications | Contact Us | Secure Email
Toll Free 800.330.9890
News & Press Releaes
Sunwest Bank's Secure Shopping Tips
The holiday season is upon us and many of you are celebrating by shopping and gift giving. We know we are! While you are giving to others this holiday season, be sure you don’t give identity thieves or cyber criminals an opportunity to steal your personal account information. At Sunwest Bank, we are here to help.
Here are some holiday fraud prevention tips:
• Review your account activity as often as possible.
• Don’t share too much information on the Internet, especially on social networks like Facebook or Twitter.
• Go paperless whenever possible.
• Record all credit card numbers so you can report lost or stolen cards in a timely manner.
• When you make a purchase, ensure that receipts reflect the correct transaction amount.
• When you perform a transaction with your debit card, make sure that others do not see your PIN.
• When shopping in person or using an ATM, be aware of your surroundings and report any unusual activity to your financial institution.
• Never leave your purse, wallet or cards unattended.
If you are going to be doing some of your shopping online this holiday season, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) offers this advice on how to avoid becoming a victim of cyber fraud:
• Do not respond to an unsolicited email.
• Do not click on links contained within an unsolicited email.
• Be cautious of emails claiming to contain pictures in attached files, as they may contain viruses.
• Avoid filling out forms contained in email messages that ask for personal information.
• Always compare the link in the email with the link to which you are directed and determine if they match.
• Log directly on the official website for the business instead of linking to it from an unsolicited email.
• Contact the actual business that supposedly sent the email to verify that the email is genuine.
• If you are asked to act quickly, or there is an emergency, it may be a scam.
• Verify any requests for personal information from any business or financial institution by contacting them using the main contact information.
• Remember, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is!
We wish you all the best this holiday season. If you have any questions about the security of your account information, please feel free to contact a member of our client service team by phone toll free at 888.330-9890 or by email us at email@example.com. It will be our pleasure to assist you!
Sunwest Bank Team
|© Sunwest Bank|||||Equal Housing Lender|||||Member FDIC|